All-Time Great Mayweather To Enter The Ring From The 02 Arena In London In Latest Blockbuster Exhibition Event
Boxing Hall of Famer Floyd “Money” Mayweather will make his long awaited in-ring debut in the U.K. on Saturday, February 25 as he now faces pro MMA fighter and “Geordie Shore” star Aaron “The Joker” Chalmers in an exhibition bout live from the famed O2 Arena in London.
WHEN IS MAYWEATHER VS. CHALMERS?
- Date: Saturday, February 25
- The fight will take place at the O2 Arena in London.
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 10:30 p.m. GMT / 5:30 p.m. GMT
- The fight will be broadcast around the world on the Zeus Network.
- Start times for the card are yet to be announced, with the main event ringwalks set for 10:30 p.m. GMT / 5:30 p.m. GMT.
It was previously announced on social media that Mayweather would face Muay Thai star Liam Harrison, however Harrison has since been forced to withdraw due to a knee injury.
“I was originally supposed to face a different opponent, but injuries happen and I’m glad that Aaron Chalmers could step up so that we could give the fans what they want,” said Mayweather, who famously stopped British superstar Ricky Hatton in a 2007 welterweight title. “The fans in the U.K. have always been great to me and supported me throughout my career, so an event like this has been a long time coming. I’m excited to add more history to the O2 Arena in London.”
“I’ve been training with Adam Booth in the boxing gym and I’m eager to make a name for myself in the boxing world,” said Chalmers, who owns a 5-2 pro MMA record, including four Bellator outings. “I jumped on this opportunity immediately. It’s an honor to share the ring with one of the greatest fighters of all time and I’m definitely going to take advantage of it.”
Mayweather’s exhibition tour has seen him compete in electrifying exhibition contests in Dubai, Japan and Miami in recent years, with London now the next on his world tour of delivering memorable action in his signature “Money” Mayweather style. The event is presented by FrontRow Entertainment, who created the FrontRow series to build the sport of boxing and were behind Mayweather’s last two exhibition bouts. Additional details will be announced shortly.
MAYWEATHER VS. CHALMERS FIGHT CARD
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Aaron Chalmers; Exhibition
- Natalie Nunn vs. Tommie Lee
- Ulysses Diaz vs. Khalas Karim; Cruiserweight
- J’Hon Ingram vs. Declan Kenna; Lightweight
- Antonio Zepeda vs. Christopher Lovejoy; Heavyweight
- Kevin Johnson vs. Mike Hales; Super welterweight
- Sammy-Jo Luxton vs. Hayley Barraclough; Light heavyweight